Thursday, July 10, 2008

Aerofoil 1.4.3 - Small Update

The version of Aerofoil I have has been updated a few weeks ago, but since my laptop broke I didn't get to test it much. I've decided to release it this evening anyway, since it seems stable enough. There are no new features just small improvements in the way it works and particularly the size - it is now just 23K! (albeit the .Net framework still makes the running process much larger I still think this is the smallest utility of its kind!)


  • Smaller file size (23K)

  • Removal of duplicate embedded Aerofoil logo

  • Optimization of the Aerofoil logo

  • Fewer lines of code, few extra code comments

  • Removal of "dangling pointers" (not a problem really as this is mostly managed code - just good practice)

  • Removed a couple of obvious "intermediate" objects (but doesn't affect code readability)

  • Updated to use C# generics (tut I should have done this in the first place)



Download Aerofoil 1.4.3

Source Code for Aerofoil 1.4.3

No comments: